23 April 2009

Family Quilt Pt.1

So I decided to go the fabric route.  And well…let’s just say, I probably won’t be making more than one of these. 

I’m not a quilter.  It’s not that I don’t like to do it.  I would rather quilt by hand than by machine.  But now, I have kiddos and time doesn’t permit me to quilt by hand.  So…here is the first part of the quilt. 

My borders aren’t even, but I’m working on that.  My blue background is a little too dark, but I like it.  And the leaves are coming.  I’m sewing the names on them now.

Tell me what you think of it so far.  I would love to hear.

IMG_3041

~Tracie

1 comment:

  1. I think it is beautiful and something your mom will really appreciate. This is a great idea for Mother's Day. I am like you, I can quilt, but not my favorite. I can't wait to see it when it's done.

    ReplyDelete