18 July 2009

Reverse Child’s Apron

My kids love aprons.  Honestly I don’t know why.  I don’t even own one myself.  I made them a couple half aprons (look for that tutorial later), but they asked me to make them full aprons.

Now if you read my last post you know my sewing supplies were packed up.  I unpacked it today.  I had to do something.  I let my kids pick out the fabric, but they fought over who got what color.  That’s when I decided to make the aprons reversible. 

My oldest daughter has a play apron she received for her birthday last year.  Since it still fits her pretty good I decided to just trace that apron to get a pattern.

Cutting out the fabric and sewing only took me around an hour. 
I had a yard of each fabric and was able to get two full sized aprons and two half aprons.

Here are a couple pictures.  Sorry they are bad. 

IMG_4420Purple side

IMG_4422  
Pink side

 

Here are a couple pictures of the half aprons I made for them the other day.

IMG_4381

IMG_4382

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

~Tracie

2 comments:

  1. The girls are so lucky to have such a creative Momma!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, the boy too but he doesn't care yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete